I rarely bake, but when I do, I really enjoy it. The things I
usually throw together are simple white cakes with varying fillings
and toppings. I figured that I'd share the recipe for my favorite
cake base. It's incredibly easy to whip together, and the result is
a light and fluffy sponge cake that is amazingly versatile to use;
from cup cakes to full blown cakes. Or simply enjoyed as it is with
some berries and a mug of tea. (And I'm a coffee drinker!)
## IngredientsAbout 10 servings
* 3 eggs
* 3 dl of sugar
* 1 dl of boiling water
* 3 dl of wheat flour
* 1.5 tea spoons of baking powder
* Optional flavoring, such as vanilla extract, orange flower oil,
1. Preheat oven to 175° C (350° F).
2. Flour or sprinkle bread crumbs in a greased two-litre pan
(preferably one with detachable rim).
3. Whip eggs and sugar into an airy batter in a medium bowl.
Combine flour with baking powder in a separate bowl.
4. Add water and the flour mix alternately to the batter.
Turn the ingredients down very gently using a dough-scraper.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake in the lower part of the
oven for about 30 minutes.